Search This Blog

Thursday 22 May 2014

Janome and Husqvarna 250

I've had a long absence due to occurrences beyond my control.  However, last Saturday I had these two machines to work on.  I haven't sewn with either yet, depending on what happens I should be able to get to it on Saturday.

The Husqvarna is an Electronic model 250.  I can't easily take it apart but there was a big knot of thread in the bobbin area.


This machine is white and very reflective so it took very bad photos, I might try it outside on Saturday.


The other machine (and apparently they did come from the same owner) is a Janome.  It doesn't seem to have a model number but looks like it's somewhere between lovely old Janome and modern less than lovely Janome.  This one has some plastic cams.



Under the faceplate is pretty standard.


Interestingly this has one of the throat plates that automatically adjust for straight stitch or zigzag.


The bobbin area was slightly fluffy and it's a full-rotary machine as well.


From the front and showing stitch selection.



Hopefully I'll be able to get both these machines out for sale this week end!

No comments:

Post a Comment