Search This Blog

Thursday 12 December 2013

Rose Pinafore Dress

The completed rose pinafore.  From the front.



The dress has 4 darts in the front and a centre front seam.  There are gathers just under the bust.

From the back.



I tried to match the print across the zip and I hand-stitched the zip in place so that the focus is entirely on the print.


The bodice is lined but the skirt isn't.



I've also made my poor long-suffering overlocker a cover.



And I've washed some material.


I'm intending to make a  skirt out of the tartan.


My friend B wants a shirt out of this for Christmas.  As B is approximately a size 14-16 and all my patterns are in sizes 8-12 this is going to be interesting!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm my previous comment has evaporated into the ether... It was along the lines of 'Beautiful blog. Keep it up!!'
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger is doing weird things at the moment.....

      Delete